The waters surrounding Title IX can sometimes become turbulent. This, combined with the compliance regulations, can make keeping your head above water a challenge. To assist colleges and universities navigate the Title IX voyage, the Higher Ed Team at Graydon Law is conducting a workshop providing Investigator Training, reviewing recent updates and discussing other complex issues.
Introduction and Overview: Where is Title IX Going?
- DOE/Director DeVos Philosophy and background.
- Working with the Office of Civil Rights
Legal updates - DOE changes since September 2017
- What do the changes mean for your operation?
- How do you implement the changes?
- How much policy/procedure revision is needed now? Best practices.
- Basics: mandatory reporting, resources, interim measures, investigation, confidentiality
- Challenges: consent, incapacitation, social media, MOUs, record retention
Lunch Discussion: The group will prioritize their topics for discussion. Each attendee will choose which topic they are interested in discussing and join the group for lunch.
Beyond 101 – Open discussion and interaction on:
- Greek life/RSO issues
- Minors on Campus
- Balancing rights of participants
- Developing a Title IX response team
- How to involve students more in the prevention
Parking – If you are not coming from downtown, you can find parking on floors 6, 7 or 8 of the Scripp’s Center garage. If you prefer, many places surrounding the Scripp’s Center are available. Please click the link to see parking options and estimated rates. Please allow yourself at least ten minutes to park and walk to the Scripp’s Center in time for the event.
Attendees will need to cover the cost of parking.
Space is limited.
Register by Tuesday, May 15, 2018
GC3 or SOCHE Members: $60.00
Non GC3 or SOCHE Members: $120.00
Register for Navigating Title IX