GC3 News and Events
Rethinking Teaching and Learning Spaces: A Collaborative Approach
GC3 is collaborating with Xavier’s Center for Teaching Excellence, Loth, Inc. and Steelcase Education to deliver an innovative and interactive workshop. Experts from Steelcase Education will share research and discuss how to improve learning and teaching by adjusting current, planning for new or renovating learning space.
Institutions will maximize benefit by sending a team of faculty and staff from the following areas (if applicable) attend:
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
- Residence Life
- Finance/Business Affairs
- Information Technology
- Faculty Development Professionals
- Space and Planning
Your team will:
- hear data gathered through Steelcase Education’s “Learning Environment Evaluation Tool” and facilitate a discussion on ways learning space impacts how students learn and teachers teach.
- interact with Steelcase Education experts, GC3 colleagues and each other to identify ways you can adjust your current learning space to provide a more active learning environment.
- discuss what to consider when planning a new or renovated learning space.
- hear lessons learned and what those who have been there would do differently.
For those not able to send an entire team, their personnel will be combined with those from other schools.
GC3 member - $75.00 a person.
Non GC3 Member - $125 a person
GC3 Team Discount. $375 (6 – 9 attendees from a single institution)
Non GC3 Team Discount. $625 (6 – 9 attendees from a single institution)
Registration is available by clicking this link: Register for Rethinking Teaching and Learning Space: A Collaborative ApproachBack to Calendar