GC3 News and Events
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Higher Education: A Mission Imperative for Inclusive Excellence
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Thomas More University
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
This comprehensive, interactive workshop will meet college and university needs regardless of whether you are beginning the DEI journey or need to reflect on an existing plan and strategies.
This workshop is not a lecture telling attendees what they need to do or where they should be. This program uses tools to help attendees understand where their organization is, looks at what they are doing, and provides tools and strategies to get their institution where it wants to go.
In this interactive workshop designed for institutions at various places on the DEI journey and led by Tommie Lewis, President & CEO of Make it Plain Consulting, LLC, you/teams will:
- Assess and benchmark the current state of DEI at your institution;
- Discuss the mission imperative and business case for Inclusive Excellence;
- Explore the evolution of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion;
- Redesign institutional processes accounting for different student experiences;
- Identify ways to ensure students of diverse backgrounds are equally supported;
- Examine new strategies addressing student and institutional challenges and obstacles.
- Leave with a blueprint aligned with your current institutional plan, regardless of where you are in the process.
- Be able to reflect on an existing plan and strategies and make adjustments based on current state/environment.
- Identify clear, measurable next steps to follow the session, regardless of where you are in the process.
The recommended approach is for a team from each institution to attend. The ideal team consists of representation from as many of the following areas as possible:
- President or top level administrator
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
- Finance/Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- DEI Professional
- Faculty and Staff
If you are interested in attending as a team member, contact your Diversity, Equity and Inclusion professional to be included in the group discount.
If your college or university is not able to send a team, individual registrations are welcome and encouraged.
- GC3 Members: $75/person
- Non-GC3 Members: $125/person
Team Discount Rate:
- GC3 Institutional Teams: $525 for 7 - 9 attendees from a single institution.
- Non GC3 Institutional Team: $875 for 7 - 9 attendees from a single institution.
Click here to register for: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Higher Education: A Mission Imperative for Inclusive Excellence